There are a lot of people who say it is [way] too early to be thinking about the Holidays, but honestly I LOVE starting to celebrate a little “too early.” This time of year just fills my heart with joy, so here are some of the things that have made me a person who starts celebrating a little too soon!
- Alright let’s start off with the most obvious. Have you ever walked into a Starbucks around Christmas? If that was not enough to fill you up with Christmas cheer, then I don’t know what is. The different smells, the coffee mugs on display, all of the drinks. The drinks are what really push me over the edge. Nothing gets me in the mood to sing some Mariah Carey like a Venti Peppermint Mocha.
- Warm Clothes! I don’t know about you, but I really dislike shorts and tank tops and I just wish I could wear flannels, sweaters and leggings all year round. I don’t know if you can tell, but Summer really isn’t my thing!
- If you don’t think Fall and Winter candle scents are the best then I am so sorry, but you are wrong. This is the absolute best time for candles. There are so many different scents from cookies to fall leaves to pine trees, plus they’re so calming that whenever I light one I just want to get in bed and read!
- Okay decorations are so fun this time of year. There are other holidays with decorations that are just as fun, like Halloween but each holiday’s decor is fun in it’s own way. Everything is so cheery and bright in the Winter and almost everything says “Joy” on it which is awesome. Also, the colors associated with this time of year are so fun! Red, blue, white, green. I love it all so much.
- If you have ever listened to Justin Bieber’s Christmas album then I think you know where I’m coming from when I say that Christmas music is probably the most fun part of the Christmas season. Also, just a funny side note, but Justin Bieber’s Christmas music was the reason my younger siblings know what a mistletoe is now!
- A huge part of Christmas is the MOVIES. I love all Christmas movies even if half of them have the same plot, I love a happy ending! My personal fav is The Grinch so I really can’t wait for the new one! Also, a couple more of my favs would be Elf and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. They’re hilarious!
- While there are delicious desserts like pumpkin pie, apple pie, ice cream, cake, whatever you like, none of those are as good around Christmas as some warm, homemade cookies. I don’t know about you but Snickerdoodle cookies have a special place in my heart. Baking cookies is one of the things I look forward to doing the most every year.
- This one wasn’t included in the decorations I love because it is more than that… The Christmas tree! Is there anything more calming that sitting in the living room with some hot chocolate, pajamas on and no lights on besides the Christmas tree lights? I don’t think so! Plus, being together with your family to decorate the tree is so fun and exciting.
- Okay this will be the last one (also the most important one). Celebrating with family! I love being around all of my loved ones this timeof year. Everyone is so happy and just glad to be around each other and excited about giving each other gifts which is so cute. My little sister has been talking all year long (seriously, since last Christmas) about how excited she is about sleeping over in my room on Christmas Eve and little does she know, I am just as excited.I hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for reading!